Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Nothing Like a Visit From Your Camp Friends

Sorry I haven't written in a while. I've actually been focusing more on writing two papers this week than a blog entry. Yes, contrary to popular belief I do go to school here -- it's not called STUDY Abroad for nothing. I have an assignment due for my Cities class and another due for my History of Australia class. Both are reflection style papers, not too long, but it's been a while since I've actually typed a paper. Good news is after these are done I will be on my way to the cold, but beautiful, country of New Zealand. Easter Holiday (when we call it Spring Break the Aussies look at us funny because it's Fall here) begins on Friday. Me and my friend Bryn are doing 6 days in the South Island then going up to Auckland for 4 days. It's going to be a very fun trip. I won't talk about it too much cause I'm sure I'll have a lot to write when I return.

This past weekend was one of the best I've had here yet. All of my roommates, but Lindsay, went to Melbourne on the Study Australia trip, and my camp friends from Melbourne came here (I actually just booked a trip there at the end of April yayyy). It was my friend Lucas' 23rd birthday so what better than to spend it in Sydney. He, Bella, and Mel came up along with our friends from CPW summer '04 Rob and Bulley. Friday night we all went out to dinner for Lucas' birthday, including some other camp friends that live in Sydney. It was one big CPW reunion! It was so nice to have everyone together again. There's just something about camp friends...you can be apart for years and then when put back together feel like you haven't gone a day without seeing them...it's a very cool thing. So we went to Chinta Ria, and Asian Fusion restaurant in Darling Harbour, and then out to Bungalow 8 and Empire. Sooo much fun. On Saturday we went to the beach. It was sooo windy so we were freezing but we still had a nice day. We ate lunch at Lush (our favorite beach side wrap place) and then had afternoon drinks at a bar called Ravesi's. Then we just came back to my apartment and all hung out for a relaxed night in. Sunday we were all worn out so we had breakfast at the bagel place in Bondi Junction and rented a movie and hung out at the apartment. Our other friend Luke came over Sunday night and we had another chill night in. Monday Bella, Mel, and Lucas went down to the harbour and went on a day cruise and took touristy pictures while I was at class. They left Monday night (so sad) but I can't wait for my trip up to them later in the month.

Last night we had a Seder at our apartment (Happy Passover everyone!). It was SO cute. Lindsay, my roommate was really excited to do it. She printed out a haggadah from the Internet and we all contributed to dinner. We had everything from the Seder plate to a hidden Afikomen. We made charoset, roasted potatoes, chicken, salad, chocolate dipped fruits, and more. It was such a fun night with the roomies.

Today was my day off of school. I'm working out again which is great so I went to the gym this morning and then to physical therapy this afternoon. Now I'm just getting organized and finishing up my papers so I can turn them in on Thursday. I probably won't write again until I get back from New Zealand (we're gone April 6th to the 16th) so I hope everyone has a great Holiday. Unitl next time...cheers :)

No comments: