Thursday, February 22, 2007

Apparently It's a Man's Job...

I know I wrote this morning but I have a story: So I decided to go to that cake store on Oxford Street in Bondi Junction to ask the lady if I could come in one day a week to work in her store and get experience. After looking a little confused at my request she proceeded to say (in her thick Israeli accent) "we produce in big quantities and it's a man's job to work the back of the house". I smiled and (trying to keep my composure and not tell her she was stuck in the 18th century and needed to open her eyes) said, "well thank you for your time and I'll definitely be back because your pastries look great". Stupid lady, she's not getting any of my business...but I'll keep trying :)

We shopped around Oxford Street for a little then me, Heidi (who is moving into our apartment tomorrow yayyyy), Leah, and Leslie walked to the beach again (but took the bus home this time). The Real World is shooting its next season in Sydney (they actually just started last week...one of the cast members was on my flight over here) and they were on Bondi Beach filming. The cast was taking surf lessons which was kind of cool to watch. It was the second time we've seen them so far. When we got back to Bondi Junction, Leslie and I went to join a gym which I'm really excited about and then had dinner in the mall. The food court is amazinggg it's like a gourmet food court. We decided not to go into the city tonight and take a break from going out. I'm sure it will resume tomorrow. Peter (from the grocery store) told us we had to go to the Opera Bar (by the Opera house) on Sunday to watch the cruises sail out of the port. We can actually see them sail out of the harbour at around 5 o'clock from our balcony which is really cool. Bed time for me. Until next time...cheers!

P.S. I attached some pics at the bottom and my phone number here is 011-61-4-1693-4975 if you are calling from the states and 04-1693-4975 if you are calling from Australia. My address is:

Stacy Rudin
Apt. 153
95-97 Grafton Street
Bondi Junction, Sydney
NSW 2022

feel free to call or write and if you're going to send e-mails please send them to srudin@indiana.edu or stay826@hotmail.com. Love to all :)

abseiling down the middle level cliff

one of the cute koalas at the wildlife park

me and a kangaroo
The Sydney Opera House

Maroubra Beach (day of the surf life saver competition)

Cool picture of the Harbour Bridge and Opera House from the ferry between Sydney and
Darling Harbours

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

yo stacy!!!

your dad told me you had a blog so i took a chance at blogspot and VOILA!! there u are in oz.

your pics look great and you look like you are having a blast. rappelling in diamond studs, nice.

love,

jonathan.