Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Eleven it is...

Finally, a routine. Relaxing was fun but it's nice to have some structure to my days here. Classes have been going really well. I had all of my lectures this week and we start our tuts next week. I have no finals (only final papers) so I'm actually done June 4th which is great cause that gives me some time to travel before Mom and Dad get here (and hopefully Kevin too!). They're coming at the end of June.

Beach day on Tuesday was great. The sun was out for a while and we picked up salads on the way from our favorite little place that we pass by on our walk. We went to two backpacker bars this week. Leslie has a friend from camp who is living in Sydney working at one of them so he hooked us up. Last night we went out on Bondi Beach for the first time. It's fun going to places that are filled with locals and other foreigners, but it's also nice to be out with Americans we've met on our trip.

We're all looking forward to this weekend. Tomorrow we are going on a wine tour in Hunter Valley. They are picking us up at 7:15 in the morning and the bus ride is about 3 hrs. We're doing 30 tastings at 5 different wineries...it should be a very fun day :). Saturday is Gay MardiGras...it's a big part of Sydney culture and is apparently going to be one of the greatest experiences we have here. Should be interesting :). There is a market on Bondi Beach on Sundays so we're planning on doing a beach and shopping day. I finally was able to post pictures! Here's the link: Life in the Land of OZ (Pt. 1) I hope everyone has a great rest of the week and I'll write again soon. Enjoy the pics!!! Until next time...cheers :)

No comments: